1. Students are strictly prohibited from indulging in anti-national, anti-social, communal and political activities in the campus and in the hostels.
2. The consumption of narcotic drugs, tobacco, alcohol etc. is strictly prohibited in the campus and in the hostels. Serious punitive action shall be taken against the defaulters.
3. Every student shall behave and conduct oneself in the college and hostels in a dignified and courteous manner.
4.. Campus keeps equal distance from all political organizations and political ideologies. Students are strictly prohibited from organizing, attending or participating in any activity or agitation sponsored by stu- dent organizations of political parties.
5.. No student shall circulate notices, pamphlets, leaflets etc in the campus and hostels.
6. Campus is under CCTV surveillance.
7. Campus has restricted Wi-Fi accessibility for students to use in- ternet. No students shall enter into any contract in the name of the college except with prior written authorization from college or officials vested with the authority to sign a contract on behalf of the college.
8. No student shall exhibit banners, flags, flex boards etc. inside the campus without the authorized permission of the Principal.
9. No student shall collect fund from students in the campus and in the hostel without the authorized permission from the Principal.
10. Maintain the etiquette required of campus life avoiding loud utterance, vulgar and profane language.
11. Access to college buildings after normal academic hours is per- mitted only with permission from Principal. Students can enter Faculty Rooms only with permission.
12. Maintain the protocol to be followed in classrooms.
13. No Students shall leave the campus during academic hours without the Written permission of Principal/Hod.
14. Students should maintain a sense of belonging to the college, taking care of classrooms, furniture, ICT equipment, electrical fittings etc. Avoid resting legs on the wall.
15. Any breakdown or damage to any property caused by students must be brought to the notice of college authorities and the students responsible for it will be subjected to restitution and face disciplinary measures.
16. Save electricity and water using the facilities only as per require- ment.
17. Park your vehicles in the allotted parking lots and drive cau- tiously to avoid accidents. Students using vehicles should register and obtain a pass from college office to park them in the allotted area.
18. Students participating in intercollegiate competitions should seek permission of the Faculty in charge and carry the letter of authen- tication from the Principal.
19. Keep the campus clean. Avoid throwing garbage in the campus. Help the domestic staff to maintain toilets clean . Healthy inclusive re- lationship without exclusiveness should reign in the campus. A rela- tionship detrimental to the academic performance of a student or a relationship that is objectionable tarnishing the image of the college shall be reported to the concerned parents.
20. Study tours are organized as part of the academic programme and hence, it is mandatory for students to go. If there is a grave reason, exemption should be obtained from Principal.
21. The study tour application and schedule, recommended by the class teacher and the Faculty In-charge, should be submitted to the Principal well in advance for approval by the Principal. A male and a female Faculty should accompany the students for the tour. Consump- tion of alcohol and smoking are strictly prohibited during the tour and any violation in this regard will have stringent punitive measures. Stu- dents while enjoying their trip should also maintain the required deco- rum and avoid anything that will tarnish the image of the college.
The UGC Regulations stipulate that students can be expelled from an institute
and debarred from taking admission to any other institute for a specified period after being guilty of the offence. As per the regulations any students can be
fined up to Rs. 2.5 Lakhs if found guilty of ragging. Depending on the nature and gravity of the offence as established by the Anti- Ragging Committee, the possible punishments for those found guilty of ragging
Shall be any one or any combination of the following:
1. Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
2. Debarring from appearing in any test /examination or other eval- uation process.
3. Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, na- tional or international meet, tournament, youth festival etc.
4. Suspension /expulsion from the hostel.
5. Cancellation of admission.
6. Rustication from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specified period. Fine ranging from Rs. 25,000/- to Rs. 2.5 lakh.
With a view to improving the general tone of the college and providing opportunities for close contact between the staff and the students, the tutorial scheme has been introduced in the college. Students of the college are divided in to small groups and each group will be under the personal care of a teacher designated as ‘Tutor’. Each Tutor will keep regular watch over the progress and conduct of the students of his / her group and guide them personally in their studies. The Tutor shall keep a personal diary regarding the conduct, character and progress of the student under his / her care. The chief coordinator is responsible for the implementation of the scheme.
Class wise written tests, oral tests, seminars and college level internal examinations will be conducted periodically to assess the progress of student. Internal grade of the students will be based on their perfor- mance in the continuous evaluation process.
1. Application for admission must be made online within the last date of application notified by the Kannur University.
2. Principal reserves the right to reject admission to any candidate without assigning any reason thereof.
3. Applicants who are provisionally selected for admission shall be enrolled only when they produce all the relevant certificates and pay the first semester fees and other fees to be paid at the time of admission. Admission of nay candidate who is found to have secured admission by false representation will be cancelled and shall there by.
1. First semester fee, special Fee, caution deposit, University affiliation fee etc. shall be paid at the time of admission.
2. Other semester fees shall be paid before the last date spec- ified by the principal. The fees may also be remitted in lump sum in advance.
3. If any students fails to pay fees on the due date, he / she shall be liable to pay fine.
4. If the fees and fine are not paid before the last opportunity, the name of the student will be removed from the rolls of the college. If he / she is to be readmitted he / she has to apply for the special Per- mission of the principals. He / she will not be eligible for attendance until he/she is re-admitted.
5. Students from other Universities shall pay the matriculation and recognition fee at the time of admission and apply for recognition of the qualifying examination.
6. Attendance certificate required by the University for Univer- sity Examinations will not be granted unless the Principal is satisfied that the student’s conduct and progress have been satisfactory and the student has attended the class three fourth of the working days in the academic semester. Students may also note that unless they register for the University Examinations, they will not be eligible for promotion to higher classes.
7. Students who participate in extracurricular activities will not be granted grace attendance unless they obtain prior written permis- sion from the Principal. Applications for such permission shall be rec- ommended by the teachers concerned.
1. Students should follow the dress code of the college except on Wednesdays.
2. On Wednesdays the students have to wear dresses which are normal and modest. T-Shirt, banian etc are not allowed.
3. Students shall always behave with dignity and courtesy.
4. When a teacher enters the class room the students shall rise up and remain standing until the teacher takes his / her seat or asks them to be seated.
5. As discipline is highly essential to the smooth working of the College, each and every student shall maintain it at any cost. Loitering in the corridors, causing disturbance in the class rooms and other un- desirable activities are strictly forbidden.
6. Absolute obedience is expected from every student. If anyone tries to defy the authority or the Principal or any teacher, disciplinary actions will be taken against them.
7. If any student violates the rules and regulations indicated above, the Principal has absolute authority to expel him/her from the College.
8. Student are forbidden from participating in any meeting or ag- itation directed against the Government or the College authorities.
9. No meetings, processions or entertainment shall be organize
or any fund collected from the college or hostels without the written permission of the principal.
10. If any students is found guilty of indiscipline, such as organiz- ing demonstration or strikes, he / she will be immediately dismissed from the College.
11. No student shall disfigure the walls, windows or furniture by writing on them. If anyone damages or destroys the college property. He or she will have to pay the cost of repair. If necessary, common fine also will be imposed.
12. Every student is expected to take part in one or more of the games / extra curricular activities for which facilities are provided by the College.
13. The college magazine of the last academic year shall be dis- tributed before the notification for the College Union election. In Case it is not published before the date of elections notification, it can be released only after the College union elections.
14. Smoking, use of alcohol or intoxicating drinks and consump- tion of drugs by students are strictly prohibited.
15. The student should move silently when proceeding from one class room to another and at other times, so as not to disturb classes or others at work.
16. Every student should greet teachers respectfully on the occa- sion of his / her first meeting them for the day.
17. No student shall leave the class room or laboratory without the permissions of the teachers in charge.
18. The behavior of students both within and outside the College premises should be decent.
19. Bringing mobile phone, photo or video cameras by the stu- dents in the college campus is strictly prohibited.
20. The following are not allowed inside the College campus.
a) Publishing materials such as journals, magazine, booklets, notices etc... (except during the college union Election for canvassing votes) with out the prior written permission of the Principals.
b) Conducting meetings by the student organizations inside the college campus without the prior permission of the principal.
c) Bringing guests, student organization leaders or politicians from, outside for student organizational activities inside the College campus.
d) Displaying any publicity materials such as banners wall post- ers, notices etc, within the college campus.
For the students college follows a dress code to expresses both professionalism and uniformity. A professional appearance helps to develop promote an environment of mutual respect and dignity. Students shall wear proper uniform on all working days, except on WEDNESSDAY students shall wear normal dress. Fancy items, banyan etc are not permitted. Wherever a dress code has been proposed, all students shall abide by it.
The unity of ITM COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCE is to be ensured by cordiality in relationship between all students and staff members .All shall be committed for harmonious living and respect for members of other communities and religions. No one shall take part in divisive activities and partisan politics or forming associations which go counter to the spirit of harmonious living
1. All students of the College shall wear College Identity card on
all working days .
2. All payments, issue of certificates, scholarship etc. will be made only on the .production of the identity card.
3. The students shall produce their identity cards as and when the college staff demands.
4. The student should surrender the identity Card when he / she leaves the institution.
1. Every student shall put in a minimum attendance of 75% term
2. Students are not permitted to absent themselves from classes without leave. Leave applications should be submitted to the principal in advance through the class Tutor / head of the department.
3. Absence from a class for one period of either of the two sessions will be considered as absence for half a day.
4. Applications for leave on medical grounds shall be supported by a medical certificates.
5. A student absenting from the college with or without leave for more than five consecutive working days shall report to the principal before attending the class.
6. If a student is absent for more than 15 consecutive working days without satisfactory explanation, his / her name will be removed from the rolls.
7. Promotion to the senior class and presenting them for University Examinations shall be subject to the following conditions.
a) The student should have earned at least three fourth of the attendance prescribed by the college for the course during the semester.
b) He/She should have completed the term of the course to the satisfaction of the college authorities and his / her progress, conduct and character should have been satisfactory.
8. Students seeking exemption from the rules related to the minimum attendance shall apply from exemption to the university. The reason for each days of absence is to be explained. In the, case of absence on account of illness, a medical certificate also has to be furnished.
9. No applications for exemption will be recommend by the Principal unless he is satisfied that the shortage of attendance was beyond the student’s control. In no case will exemption be granted to the same student for more than once in a course.
1. The caution deposit will be refunded (after deducting dues, common fine etc if any) to he students only after the completion period of the programme.. They should produce the original receipt issued at the time of admission.
1. Application for Transfer Certificate should be made in the prescribed form at least two days in advance.
2. Conduct Certificate will be issued only along with the Transfer Certificate when the student has completed the course.
3. A late fee for Rs. 100/- per year will be levied from those who apply for TC after one year of his / her leaving the college. The date of leaving the college will ordinarily be the last day of his attendance at the college.
4. A fine of Rs. 1000/- has to be paid for the issue of a duplicate TC. Duplicate TC will be issued only on the production of an affidavit signed before a judicial Magistrate of first Class.
1. The college library will be open from 9.30 am to 4.30 pm on all working days.
2. Absolute silence should be observed in the library and reading room.
3. All students of the college are members of the library.
4. Books shall be issued to them on production of borrower’s cards which can be obtained from the library.
5. No member shall keep a book for more then a fortnight.
6. The time for issue and return of books will be notified in the library.
7. Absence from the college will not be a valid reason for delay in returning books.
8. If necessary. The librarian may recall a book at any time even when the normal period of loan is not over.
9. Members shall not sub-lend the books of the library.
10. On no account shall a member disfigure a library book. When a member receives a book from the library he/she shall satisfy himself/ herself that the book is in good condition. If it is not, the matter should at once be brought to the notice of the librarian.
11. A fine of Rs. 1/- per day will be levied if a book is kept beyond a fortnight.
12. If the date on which a book is to be returned happens to be a holiday, it shall be returned on the next working day.
13. If the library book lost, the borrower has to replace it with a new copy of the book or to pay three times of the actual price of the book.
14. Any matter not covered by the foregoing rules shall be decided by the principal.
1. Students are permitted to enter the laboratories only in the periods allotted for them.
2. On entering the labs each students should be confined to their position and deal with only those items needed for their work.
3. Utmost care should be taken in handling the lab equipments.
4. If any items damaged by the student he/she will be liable to pay the cost / repair charge of the items.
5. Before leaving the lab, the student shall report to the teacher in charge and convince that all items are intact.
1. Admission to the hostel if for one year only.
2. Students have to submit their application for hostel accommodation to the respective warden of the hostel.
3. The Chief warden is the final authority to grant admission/readmission. Chief warden has the right to reject an application without assigning any reason thereof.
4. Inmates of the hostels shall strictly obey the rules and regulations of the hostel.
5. Inmates are expected to stay in the hostel except during college holidays.
6. If they are leaving the hostel on working days, they should submit a written application to the chief warden through their warden and obtain permission before leaving the hostel.
1. At present college Bus service is available in the following routes.
A. Kannur - Thana - Chalode - ITM College
B. Kannur - Puthiyatheru - Kambil - ITM College
C. Puthiyatheru - Kambil - Mayyil - ITM College
D. Kannur - Kudukkimotta - Mayyil - ITM College
2. Student who want college bus facility shall submit an application in the prescribed form.
3. Allotment will be done as per the availability of vacancies in the routes. 4. Students are allowed to travel only in the allotted route.
5. They should board and de board at the selected place itself.
6. Bus fare should be remitted in advance at the college office for a semester in lump sum. The amount remitted once will not be refunded.
7. Mixed seating in the bus is strictly prohibited.
8. Students are required to keep discipline and dignity through our the journey.
9. In case of violation of any rule, his / her right to travel in the college bus will be cancelled.
10. College Authority has the right to permit or reject an application.